Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Pirate Party anyone?

So September 19 is International Talk Like a Pirate Day (how the heck do you officially make something like that international -- I want to hear a Russian talk like a pirate . . . ) but I couldn't wait until then to share a cute book.

Plus, little kids love pirates so it may be pirate day in your house many times before September.
Sarah McConnell's book is one I randomly pulled off the shelf on library day and it is really cute.  How could it not be with a grandmother named "Long Joan Silver"?  The Silver's are a family who have left piracy behind, until the daughter finds gold and all those pirate-y instincts are awakened!!  And the main character is a girl.  Which for my girls, is kind've a plus.  The illustrations are fun and it's particularly fun to read if you really can talk like a pirate!  And for one person out there . . . I know you're celebrating "P" week this week so if pirates are on your list . . . enjoy!