Friday, April 29, 2011

Happy Royal Wedding Day!

I don't really know if that's even good grammar but that's what I feel like shouting at everyone.  Because I'm such a nerd.

Please understand -- Kate Middleton can have him!  I don't mean that in a rude way though.  But I like my husband just a little bit and I really don't think I would want to be married to a future world leader.  I already get annoyed by my hubby's very frequent scout trips.  And I have informed him that he is not ever to run for President.  But she seems more than capable and they seem to love each other (the television can only tell you so much) so congratulations!

Oh, but I covet that dress.

And I love the commoner to princess, happily-ever-after, fairy-tale story that just took place.  Every girls does.

So in honor of William and Catherine, I will be enjoying some other great princess romances so that I don't become a stalker of their wedding footage . . . 

And I will start with The Princess Diaries movies because Anne Hathaway and Julie Andrews are marvelous and of course Mia is something of a commoner to princess.  Plus, I really love her wedding dress too.  And her coronation gown.  And they are fun, clean movies.

That will be followed up with The Princess Bride.
Classic story of "twu wuv" and the fact that "mawidge is what bwings us togever today".  How many times have I seen this movie?  Not enough to stop laughing at it's humor and pining over it's romance.

After those three the popcorn should be all gone and I'll be exhausted from being up at 4:30 a.m. so I'll probably go to bed.  But it will have been a great day for me AND the royal couple.  And that is the great thing about celebrations.