Friday, April 15, 2011

Harry Potter!!!

As if you didn't already know that today is the day The Deathly Hallows part 1 comes out on video -- excuse me, DVD or Blu-Ray.  Can you even buy a VHS of new movies any more?  I don't think so . . .
What I love about the final movie (part one anyway) is that it stayed so true to the books.  The others have been great but I always get an earful from my husband afterwards about what was different.  It really bothers him.

What I didn't love?  The vamped-up sexuality of the scene where Ron is trying to destroy the horcrux and it's presenting him with his fears about Harry and Hermione.  Because someday I would like my teenagers to see these movies and I really don't think that was appropriate.  Or necessary.  Or sold more tickets.  Please, it's Harry Potter people.  It doesn't need it.  This is the reason I hesitate to spend money at movie theaters.  I never know when I'm going to have to walk out.  The rating system doesn't really help.

That's my soap-box.