Monday, July 4, 2011

God Bless America, Land That I Love!

It's a quiet 4th of July for us today and that's just fine.  Since we're not busy running to parades and fireworks and having people over for barbecue (although we will grill out for ourselves of course), it's given me some time to reflect on the things that I do love about this land:

In No Particular Order
Patriotism and seeing our national colors everywhere I look
National and State parks -- the wide variety of beauty preserved by our nation
The goodness of people
The variety of places to live and jobs to do -- you can have any life you want!
Clean air, clean water, and clean rest stops for traveling!
A fantastic road system that takes me to my friends and family
The beaches, the crab cakes, and the she-crab soup (oh Charleston, how I miss you!)
Huckleberries in Montana in the summer
Warm weather in Texas in the winter!
Trees
Mountains of grandeur and mountains of tranquility
Wildlife -- but not bug life (sorry I just can't love that!)
The sun setting and turning the Sandia mountains pink
Quirkiness and the little things that bring us together -- Roswell and the aliens, Dallas and the Mavericks, Washington DC and the commute!
Washington DC -- city that I love!
Road trips that are filled with ridiculous and wonderful things
Historical sites -- my particular favorites are Colonial Williamsburg and Pioneer Village
Public Librarys!!!!
Parades

I think I could go on and on but I won't.  Today I'm just grateful for so much that we are blessed with!
Happy 4th of July!!!