Friday, June 3, 2011

A Book I Can Relate To

First of all, you have to love a book where the main character is named Farmer McPeepers and he looks like that.  I love wrinkly old people!

If you can't tell, Farmer McPeepers is blind as a bat.  And his milk cows know it.  So they steal his glasses and have a grand old time.  Farmer McPeepers searches and searches but he just can't seem to find them.

I understand.  I have a clarity range of about 10 inches without my glasses.  Thank goodness I don't own any milk cows.  And hopefully my kids won't discover the problem too soon!

I loved the illustrations in this book.  They are bright and fun and each page contains one cow delightfully sporting Farmer McPeeper's glasses.  My 3-year old loves the story (she really loves animals) and loved searching each page for the Farmer's glasses.  I may have to get some I Spy or Where's Waldo books next.  Do those even exist still?

I don't know what it is about farm animals pulling the wool over their farmer's eyes (haha), but they sure do make for a moo-velous read!!