Wednesday, February 16, 2011

It's A Studio!

It's hard not to go anywhere but up.
Especially when your last workspace was an over-sized closet.
But the shoe organizer still comes in handy.  Even though I have an entire room now.

But a bigger space doesn't necessarily mean a bigger budget.
I wish.
So wanting and having are two very different things.

But I wanted a design wall, and now I have it!
Do you love it?  You should.  It's covered in hearts and that is the universal symbol for love, right?
I can't take credit for this idea but I also don't know who to credit for it -- and for that I am sorry.  There was a tip in Fons and Porter's Love of Quilting magazine to use flannel backed tablecloths as a design wall.

Well, Valentine's Day merchandise is on clearance at Target so I bought one to try.
And even though the hearts show through, it actually works.

My 3-year old helped me design with these blocks by the way.  So easy even a 3-year old can do it.

I guess sometimes wanting and having CAN be the same thing!